Wednesday, July 10, 2019

"I do this, therefore, everyone should do the same." A stupid way of thinking.

The one who dedicates hours to the gym thinks that we should all do the same, the one belonging to the youth team of a political party wonders why others do not do the same as he, the girl whose life is dancing and dancing despises those who won't ever dance not even by mistake.

So, what's your point? (You might think). Don't worry; I'll get there.




Having a passion is excellent, it is paramount and healthy, what affects a bit the healthy coexistence is to attack all those who do not think the same as we do, a common example that we can find on Facebook and Twitter are posts like:

"Person A: That people who stay home studying makes wanna puke, see you at the club fun people."

"Person B: While everyone hits the club, I DO want to be someone in life, I have a lot to study."

So what if one wants to study and the other goes out to have fun? What if someone prefers horses and someone else prefers motorcycles? And what if someone does not want to be religious? We should be able to do and think whatever the hell we want without being attacked, not long ago I saw a post from a gym addict acquaintance who said:

"Differences between your boyfriend and me: He does not train; I do."

If I could have been an intermediary in the situation I would have said "Okay, the boyfriend of the girl you like does not train, and he doesn't have to if he doesn't want, if you love so much the gym then good for you, just remember that no one's inferior or superior to you, in fact, that guy who does not train is now with the girl you like."




Then we see internet articles with names like "5 movies you have to see", "10 things you have to do before you die", "Places you have to visit", "Books you have to read"... The answer is a resounding NO, nobody has to do anything that another considers essential for life.

Recommendations are valid, the approach is very different if it is like: "10 Good destinations in the U.S." or "My recommendations of short novels", but today we come across endless orders on the Internet, they all want us to do what they consider that's dope!

Anyway, dear reader, whether you are a cowboy, architect, basketball player, nerd, rocker, politician, fitness lifestyle lover, club frequent client, religious, musician, vegetarian or whatever you are, I respect you, and I hope you have liked my article.





You might like:




No comments:

Post a Comment